Monday, January 27, 2014

Multiplication Activities

With the new set of math standards fully implemented in my district, I am always trying to find ways to engage my students and create new materials which are fully aligned. One thing that I am very appreciative and proud of is that my district allows us to still be creative with the things we do in our classroom.

I have and will always believe that it's not what you teach, but how you teach it. We know what our kids need to be able to accomplish by the end of the year, and it's fantastic if we don't have to follow a scripted program each day.

With that said, I recently completed some multiplication word problem  task cards (Valentine's Day theme) with my kids. They had a lot of fun with these, yet still were fully common-core aligned.

I also have created a couple of activities to help students improve on their multiplication fluency. I used the Mad Minute packet last year, and this year created the Multiplication Dash, as it meet the needs of my kiddos.

Check these items out on Teachers Pay Teachers and let me know what you think:

Mad Minute Multiplication Packet

Multiplication Dash Fluency Practice

Valentine's Day Multiplication, Multi-Step Task Cards






No comments:

Post a Comment